West Kentucky Wild: Anglers Needed for Annual Bass Tournament Fundraiser

HOPKINS COUNTY, KY (9/18/13) – The Hopkins County Bass Club's annual charity-based fundraiser and regional tournament—the "Fall Bass Classic"—kicks off on Saturday, September 28th.

What You Need to Know
Boats will be sent out in flights from the Lyon County ramp in Kuttawa starting at 6am. The first flight will return at 3pm for weigh in. All fish will be weighed in the parking lot at the ramp.

A maximum of two anglers per boat will be allowed to weigh in a total of five bass to compete for the heaviest weight total. The angler or team with the most weight is guaranteed the first place prize of $3,000. In addition to the first place money, teams are awarded cash prizes usually through 10th place (depending upon the number of entries). Cash awards are also given for the biggest bass weighed in, as well as to the runner up. 10 percent of the $90.00 entry fee goes into the big bass pot; 60 percent of that amount will go toward the biggest bass; the remaining 40% will go to the second biggest bass.

Anglers from across Kentucky and other states will also have plenty of room to fish during the tournament, as Kentucky Lake, which joins Barkley via canal, is open to the competition.

Fish care will be of the utmost priority as weight will be deducted for any fish presented for weigh in that is not alive. After being held in chemically treated and iced tanks, all fish will be released back into the lake.

Wow Randy, that's a big bass. You were in the big bass contest, right?

Giving Back to the Community
Randy Workman, a longtime HCBC member and co-director of this tournament, emphasizes that although this is a great tournament for the anglers, the reason we do this is to have the means to help families in our community throughout the year, but especially during the thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

This is our 21st year and, thanks to our club members and some truly great sponsors, we are able to put everything we make from this tournament back into our community. By partnering with organizations like family resource centers, Hopkins County Schools, the American Red Cross, and many others, we know the help is going where it’s needed. Members of the club even get to dress up and play Santa each year, delivering necessities and presents to families. Giving presents to the kids never gets old.

As was the case over the last several years, thanks to the efforts of HCBC member Mike Cartwright, we have asked the anglers to bring us a new toy (somewhere around $10). For each toy they bring, they receive a raffle ticket with a number on it. The more toys, the more chances they have of getting their number drawn to win one of two free entries for next year’s classic.

In a truly generous fashion, one angler brought in over 60 toys in 2012 and says he will bring over a hundred this year.

In addition to toys, we are also in need of children’s books for all ages. They would be very much appreciated and would also be given back to those in need throughout our community.

___________________________________

If you don't fish, but would like to help this worthy cause, email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

To download entry forms, or to find more information on the tournament, visit www.fallbassclassic.com.

Sugg Street Post
Written by Nick Short
Photos provided by Nick Short and the Hopkins County Bass Club

Login to post comments
Visit www.betroll.co.uk the best bookies

© 2013 Sugg Street Post LLC:
All Rights Reserved
Based in Madisonville, Ky 42431
info@suggstreetpost.com | 270-871-2147

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram